Home / PC Gaming / Hardware / Store / Discord

Thoughts on ASUS Zenfone 3 Delux? Need suggestions

I’m going to be getting a new phone soon. I have the Zenfone 2 and really enjoy it. I am interested in getting the Zenfone 3 because of the 23MP camera. If anyone has had experience with the phone I’d love to hear about it, good or bad.

If you have other phone suggestions for around the $500 range I would also love to hear about that.

Thanks, everyone!

I’m sort of thinking about getting the google pixel but I dont really want to spend $800 or more on a phone.

It is hard to go wrong with the Google Pixel - especially because of the camera. Best rated mobile camera from DXO Mark and I’ve heard nothing but good things from the owners.

Asus Zenfone 3 is pretty solid, I just played with one here at PDXLAN and it felt pretty nice. I dislike their Android skin though but… Whatever. Otherwise, I would suggest checking out the OnePlus 3T.

1. Do you really need to upgrade your current phone?
  2. How’s the actual endproduct of the camera on the Zenfone 3? 23 megapixels doesn’t mean jack if it’s 23 megapixels going through a burlap sack.

If the camera is the major selling point the Huawei Mate 9 has some Leica stuff built in. If you want to really balls to the walls the Motorola Moto Z can have a Hasselblad camera attached to it…

I am definitely interested in the OnePlus 3T. I agree with the asus android skin. I currently run the Nova launcher on my Zenfone 2. I also like the pure aesthetic of it more than the Zenfone 3. I also like the idea of having an AMOLED which the Zenfone 3 lacks.

You can get a used one in good quality for $600

All phones I buy are used now because I can save so much money.

Swappa is indeed legit. Also watch Slickdeals.