Home / PC Gaming / Hardware / Store / Discord

The LAN (Lounge Attempts News)

Greetings comrades, and welcome to the soviet lounge. We have great show for you all done by the best Mother Russia has to offer. Please be sure to provide some creative criticism.

Heya @nuggetninja - nice to see you here! I actually was watching for a bit on Twitch before I had to dip out for dinner.

You asked for it, so you got it:

• I only had a little time to watch for a few minutes but first thing that comes to mind is you should check out Streamlabs to get a nice chat overlay integrated into the stream: https://streamlabs.com/

• Also, Discord has a “Streamerkit” available for OBS so you can show the voice room without the clunky app UI being in the program: https://streamkit.discordapp.com/overlay

• An intro would be awesome! Starting you should say what The LAN is, what episode you’re on, who’s on the cast, etc… Maybe some animated graphics?

• Looking in the description, I didn’t see any links! Is there any where I can subscribe on Gplay/iTunes? (This would be great for listening on my way to work, my commute is pretty long at the moment) Where can I get updates on the cast on social media?

I do have to poke though - did you join just to advertise the stream? It is your first and only post. We’re not opposed to supporting community projects, but when it is plugging a place that is calling this community a “bunch of retards” and has been wanting to flame us… I’m not sure where to stand. Hopefully you understand where I’m coming from, I’m just trying to be honest and share my speculation.

Thanks for moderating this Hutch, I wasn’t too sure of ‘flagging’ it.

We’ve had a positive-vibe in this new community so far without the ‘flame wars’ of the old forum.[quote=“hutchison15, post:2, topic:428”]
but when it is plugging a place that is calling this community a “bunch of retards” and has been wanting to flame us… I’m not sure where to stand. Hopefully you understand where I’m coming from, I’m just trying to be honest and share my speculation.
[/quote]

Remember when I said I see everything?

They run through who’s on that week, but attendance does seem to fluctuate. That’s the downfall of a “community” show, but I quite like their format, very unique.

I can’t recall seeing that over there in my time lurking, maybe taken out of context but I haven’t seen legitimate ill will.

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/the-lounge-2016-11-november-its-happening-edition/108742/4487

Well then, that’s SpaceCat for you.

Regardless, doesn’t change what I said.

Nope.

+1 Hopefully it stays this way.

I couldn’t honestly tell you what I think without offending you, but hey if you have time to burn more power to you.

Yes it does. Don’t let the actions of the few speak for the many.
Look on the bright side! I’m sure they’re not all out to get us.
Do you really want to develop some sort of tribalist attitude between the two forums?

Taking lounge shitposting seriously…

I’m impressed with the technical savviness of Russia and Ukraine! Some of the elite in the world and always beating the United States of America in this area. Instead of tension with Russia I wish we could work together and have Russia help us strengthen America’s cyber security to help benefit the world in a safer more secure internet.

I should have never clicked that link. It’s a real shame that the drama still exists over there. Hopefully one day those certain few will grow up and realize how dumb all of this really was. I for one don’t agree with that statement at all. I like the fact that everyone here just wants to enjoy the content and is ready for something new and fun. I also have never been an active member on forums until now. Mostly because I enjoy this place and find it to be a " no cringe zone " ( I’m sure someone will try and make me cringe now that i said that lol ) So fuck the naysayers, let’s have a good time.

C’mon hutch you link to that edge lord spacecat as the collective attitude of level1? You know that just isnt fair.
tsk tsk

ignore the haters guys!

Damn that’s a kinky ass avatar.

why?

Can’t really make out what’s in it but nevermind.
Was just having a bit of a giggle…

its a guy holding a gun to my face

That’s kinky right there.