Home / PC Gaming / Hardware / Store / Discord

Stop The Spin: Ryzen is Awesome | The Crit Show 0013

Originally published at: https://crit.tv/stop-the-spin-ryzen-is-awesome-the-crit-show-0013/

Many have been negative about the Ryzen launch, focusing merely on gaming performance rather than the beastly price to performance ratio when it comes to productivity. Some of these same people praised Intel’s $1000 X99 parts when they too do not compete well with the far cheaper Kaby Lake parts. The 1800X is not the gaming killer, it’s the X99 killer. Fanboys need to understand that competition is good and spin is bad.

Links:

AMD Ryzen 1800X Benchmarks, Review, and Our Opinions | AMD is Back | Crit TV
Newly Developed Material, That Can Bend, Shape and Focus Sound Waves, Could Revolutionize Medicine and Personal Audio
If plastic replaces cash, much that is good will be lost | Aeon Essays
94-year-old inventor of li-ion battery unveils solid-state battery breakthrough for fast-charging, 3x energy capacity, and more | Electrek
Epic Pants
Here's the business Bill Gates would start with Elon Musk
This site is “taking the edge off rant mode” by making readers pass a quiz before commenting » Nieman Journalism Lab
A software engineer was detained by U.S. Customs — and given a test to prove he’s an engineer - Recode
FCC halts internet privacy requirements - The Verge
Microsoft announces the Xbox Live Creators Program, allows developers to integrate Xbox Live into their game - MSPoweruser
Borderlands 3 screenshots from tech demo show location and characters
Mirage: Arcane Warfare Closed Beta to Launch March 27 | IndianNoob

SOOOOOOOOOOOO stoked for borderlands 3! been far to long

about that inbox question maybe you could do a weekly show with tyler from may flower electronics? i think that would suit.

And im also sure that you can notice the FPS was lower than usual?

Great video nevertheless

That R.A. Salvatore book is upside down.

:rage:

Borderlands 3 hype almost offsets that.

EDIT: I should mention that the character/location isn’t “official” yet.

Some people will always look for a way to say anything AMD makes is crap.

WCCFTech hyping this shit out of things doesn’t help much either.

Aahhhh R.A Salvatore…Good times in my teens. Now I want to start reading Drizzt from the start again.

I only read the first. I wish I had more time!

I’ve read R.A. Salvatore once or twice.

The Dragonlance books by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman are also exceptional fantasy novels.

It’s been so long since I’ve played that game I actually look forward to another one.

I have high hopes for it.

• Not being developed by Gearbox Australia
  • Art Director from BL2 is AD for BL3
  • New engine

Sounds like Gearbox is going ham with its development too.

Oh man don’t get me started on dragonlance. The feels man! The feels!!

If you ever get around to it, just read the first six. Unless you absolutely love them. Cause after that they just go down hill. I mean there like over 20 now and from what I hear all the new ones are garbage. I stopped after 15 I think?

Ryzen is a great cpu! It is a multitasking monster! It remind of the 8350’s purpose. It was almost more for server like purposes instead of gaming. Ryzen is the next step in that idea. You can still game on it and it is great, but it has a much deeper idea behind it.

HOLY BAAALLLSS! I didnt even notice the Belgariad sitting on the shelf! That series was my childhood! Oh my goodness The FEEELLSSS THE FEEEEEEEEEELS!

Seriously though Ive read all those books at least 30 times.

Hope it’s not all flash. Last one was meh (as it was kinda a expansion at full price) and two got old fast to me

Yeah, TPS was definitely the worst of the games so far. I mean I liked certain aspects of the game, like Athena, the background story of Jack, and cryo weapons, but there is a lot that really is less than great. I still get annoyed even remembering Pickle’s voice.

BL2 was fun. I actually didn’t like it at first, but when I retried it a few months later I played the crap out of it. Classes were fun, characters were good, level design was gorgeous, and the plot was interesting enough to keep me entertained. And like BL1, the DLC was long enough to almost be a whole extra game.

I dislike DLC in modern games tbh, but am patient enough to wait for a “game of the year” edition to come out with all dlc for cheaper than the original release lol

BL2 was fun, but I tend to play on hard and the bullet sponge of the enemies sucks, maybe playing it on easy or something will change that. I liked the story tbh, but imo if gameplay is “more fun with friends” than there is something wrong with the base game lol.

I dont’t know, just would like them to evolve as a fracize, BL2 was BL1 but more, BL TPS was BL2 with a new story and low g lol. I hope that there are more environments, but its still early days. Maybe I’ll just have to make my own dream BL game lol

*I dislike DLC in modern games tbh, but am patient enough to wait for a “game of the year” edition to come out with all dlc for cheaper than the original release lol *

I thought that I’m the only one like this. DLC in moderm games started to give me headaches being honest with you…

I dont’t know, just would like them to evolve as a fracize, BL2 was BL1 but more, BL TPS was BL2 with a new story and low g lol
it does seem like you’re thinking pretty much the way I am :smiley: