Home / PC Gaming / Hardware / Store / Discord

Steam Link for $20

Amazon has is selling Steam Links for $19.99 which is pretty slick. I think I am going to pick one up so I can play Rocket League on my TV.

Anyone have one? What do you use it for?

If you’re getting one what do you plan on using it for?

Must. Resist.

Shit. (Opens wallet)

I bucked up and bought it and a steam controller. Hope I don’t regret it!

Have you received it yet? What do you think?

I got it. Relatively easy to setup but little wonky to run, which I think is partly due to me running steam on a linux box to stream content. I technically haven’t played a game yet I’ve been busy. I am planning on trying it out next week with some Civ or something.

I will report back after I actually have some time to play with it.

I got the controller and link for Christmas last year from my fiancée. I can say I love them both. They are a little weird at first but once you get use to it you’ll never want to use a different controller. But just as a warning the controller is a serious learning curve to adjust to it. You’ll hate it for a couple of weeks at first. The Link works perfectly. I have it hooked through a wired connection. Unless you have a super high end router it sucks over WiFi, as you would expect. My favorite thing about the Link is that I have gotten to buy lots of couch co-op games because I can plug in a bunch of old wired 360 controllers and play with friends. Ah childhood.