Home / PC Gaming / Hardware / Store / Discord

Star Wars comics

Hey fellow Critters (Hehe @Logan)

I am wanting to get into the new Star Wars comics that Marvel has been putting out. I feel like its a good time to jump in since I hasnt been going on for to long. I want to collect physical copies and I live no where near a physical store. So im looking for a place online that sells physical copies for cheap. I live in Canada so the exchange rate is a bitch. Ive seen lots on amazon.ca but the comics there are all from 15-20$ (with free shipping though) Is that an ok price?

Anyways if you all know of some places let me know!

While not connected to comics, there was an earlier book to the Stars Wars saga called ‘Splinter Of The Minds Eye’, which for my young mind at the time, wasn’t a bad read.

Ya I’ve read it. I’ve read most of the expanded universe stuff or “legends” as they call it

Hey :slight_smile:
I would recommend the ‘Darth Vader’ series. It actually just ended, so now is a great time to binge read lol. It is canon, and it was supposedly solid. I really want the collected Trade Paperbacks. That is what i suggest for you.

TPBs (Trade Paperbacks) are collections, in like a graphic novel form. They collect usually 5-6 issues, and contain the entire story arch. They are also more rugged, and contain no ads throughout.

I would say get this one, see if you like it. Vader is 25 issues long, so it’s a nice beefy mini series. This contains the first 6 issues. If you like it, then you can get volume 2, which contains issues 7-12.

Also, In February, a new Darth Maul comic comes out. It takes place before Episode 1. here is some info.

The comic finds Maul an untested warrior under the training of Darth Sidious, who would later become the Galactic Emperor. Told to stand down from engaging with Jedi yet, Maul hunts down the worst of the worst in the cosmic underworld to vent his frustration.

After learning a young Jedi Padawan named Eldra Kaitis has fallen into the hands of a crime lord, Maul seizes an opportunity to test his skills against a real Jedi but also maybe turn someone else to the dark side.

Just ordered the darth Vader volume 1 yesterday. Super stoked for the darth maul series

NICE! yeah, i’m gonna get the Darth Maul series. What’s cool about Marvel’s single issues (i don’t know if they do it with collected editions) is that you get a digital copy as well.

Ya that’s cool and all but I really dislike digital books. In old fashioned.

I love TPBs/Graphic novels, but single issue comics are so fragile, i would rather read them online lol.

I actually couldn’t read them on my monitor in 16:9 (not enough resolution and too small) so i would have to zoom in… was soooo annoying. bout a $25 monitor arm, now i can go portrait mode… dear god, it is gorgeous. full screen is epic. no aliasing, perfect clarity. basically a 12" x 21" page.

New photo by Weston Konik