Sound card help

i have Audio Technica ATH-AD700X what is good sound card aroud 200

or lower

ooh and for pc I want a soundcard that will support these headphones but in a sense future proof meaning I will be able to handle more ohms in the future?

Do you need something internal, or would external work for you as well?

If external is fine, I’d recommend the Schiit Magni 2 and Modi 2, affectionately known as the Schiit Stack. The Magni 2 has plenty enough power to drive most headphones on the market and the Modi 2 is a good DAC. Since they are separate units it’s easy to swap one or the other out in the future if desired.

Cheaper, but weaker, options are the Schiit Fulla 2 or the FiiO E10K.

Internal sound cards are beyond me. Everyone I look at either doesn’t list all the specs, or when they do the specs are mediocre overall.

thank you i well be going external

oow and i be going with Magni 2 thank you

sorry but do i get beth Magni 2 Modi 2,

TL;DR: Both would be best, but the Magni 2 at the very least would be good.

The Modi 2 is a DAC, a Digital to Analogue Converter, so in the case of the Modi 2 it will convert the digital signal coming from your computer into an audio signal. It will essentially clear up any static or other electrical noise coming from your PC, providing a much cleaner audio signal.

The Magni 2 is an amplifier, and as the name implies, it amplifies the audio signal that it is receiving and putting out a more powerful signal. It’s kinda like putting a turbo in a car. The car (audio signal) will be the same overall, but the turbo (amplifier) makes it harder/better/faster/stronger. In my opinion the amplifier will make the most difference in perceived audio quality.

So with the Modi 2 and Magni 2 your audio setup would essentially be:
PC → Modi 2 → Magni 2 → Headphones

Thank you. you have help me alot with all my questions thank you so much. :slight_smile: