Home / PC Gaming / Hardware / Store / Discord

RAM Question

Good afternoon!

I am currently building this PC. https://www.wepc.com/builds/best-gaming-pc-under-1000-guide/

My question is about the RAM. Its Ballistix Elite 8 GB Single DDR4 2666. If I want to upgrade my memory at a later date to 16 GB. Can I place another one of these in or do I need to go dual rank?

For one, you don’t have to follow as specific build guide to the letter, just the rough idea.

When you say “single”, do you mean a single stick of memory? If you’re running a single stick it won’t be running in dual channel which will mean it’ll run slower than expected.

Either way, whether you go 1 8GB or 2 4GB for your initial setup, that board has 4 ram slots, so you’d be able to upgrade by dropping new sticks in regardless of your config (as long as you don’t do 4 2GB).

Anybody?

Did I not answer your question?

You did! You’re question and my reply for “anybody” crossed paths. I posted that long before you did but it said that my reply would be looked at before it was posted becaues I am new.

Thank you so very much for your help. I apologize if it seemed like I was not taking your answer into consideration. I was most certainly not trying to be a jerk.

lol, no problem