Home / PC Gaming / Hardware / Store / Discord

Project RAPTR

Greetings!

At work I’ve been working on a project to replace the current mundane task of recording trailer info for our Asset Protection team.

Currently, its all completed by hand on paper records. The records are then scanned as a .pdf and saved to our fileserver and the paper logs are filed away. They are saved for 5 years before being chucked.

As you can see, this leads to huge dependency on paper. Furthermore, searching for any old data that is more than a week at a time takes on average upwards of one hour to find.

As a budding software developer I saw an opportunity. Bellow, is the GitHub page as well a demo running on Heroku if you want to give feedback (I would love that btw). Feel free to make reports for bugs.

Project details

This webapp is a full-stack Javascript RESTful app. The underlying tech is Node and client runs detached from the server, so no SSR. This is an SPA running the MEVN stack. I use a material design from Veutify for the css framework.

GitHub page

Live demo
https://raptr-project.herokuapp.com

Btw, I know there’s a bug with the time. Working on it. :wrench:

edit: fixed.

Latest merge request.

Trimmed it up. The new total build is sitting at ~500KiB. Down from 1.1 MiB. Improved load times on rendering of the first meaningful paint.

Changelog

Added new features, the ability to edit and delete logs in the table. So now basic CRUD operations can be done on the table. The last thing left I have yet to do is do specific form field validation. Once this is complete, the project will be 2/3 complete!