Home / PC Gaming / Hardware / Store / Discord

New pc user coming from console need help with pc building

How does this look and what needs improvment?

SYSTEM GX1080 PRO

Intel 6700K Skylake CPU
Bequiet Pure Rock CPU Cooler
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
Gskill 16GB DDR4 Ram 2400Mhz
EVGA GTX 1080 8GB Superclocked Edition w/ACX 3.0 cooling
Western Digital 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Kingston 240GB SSD
EVGA 750W PSU Modular 80+ Certified
Bitfenix Aurora Black Case w/Tempered Glass window

Price: 1899EUR

For your first build, that’s a solid one. I’m guessing you don’t need peripherals, keyboard, mouse, monitor, etc?

You wanting a new build right away? Kaby lake is right around the corner…

If you do not plan to use any version of windows older than windows 10, then wait for Kabylake which is really close to release, especially since we are starting to see reviews for the desktop parts now.

It does not really improve on IPC compared to skylake, but there is a little more overclocking headroom with them.

If you need to use both windows 10, and windows 7 or some other older version, then skylake may be right for you.

PS, with the heatsink that you picked, avoid going above 1.38V on the CPU unless you have some low ambient temperatures.

Nice choice in picking out a Gigabyte mobo as they have great value and at least have been very reliable for me and I sure as heck have seen more posts of people complaining about other mobos … namely MSI ones.

In regards to the hard drive I have now had two Seagate 3 TB 7200 RPM hard drives for some time now and I honestly can’t see spending more to get less storage.

EVGA … there was some controversy over their cards in recent times so you may want to look to another brand.