My DIY keyboard project

Won’t be done for a while. Re-wired a Velocifire tkl78 with a tinsy 2.0 flashed with easy AVR (OLKB Preonic profile)

This shows how the matrix is wired to the tinsy. I had to remove the LED from the board it came on (pin D6) ., and ? keys will be moved as shown in picture for final version.

Cool little project, I like seeing ingenuity here.

Make sure you post the final results when its ready.

No way that I won’t share it all over shortly after it’s done… potentially years from now.

Finally got a switch plate lazer cut. Full size board for comparison. I think I’ll call it a 50% for obvious reasons.
The middle row and couple other holes were too small; needs hit with a file.
Apparently the lazer I used needs tuned.


PCB design under way.

Didn’t get a PCB made yet. But I hand wired one to get it working.
My second day with it I managed to get 2 solo wins in fortnite; didn’t take long to get use to.


1 Like

This PCB model looks way more promising. Took 4 hours to CAD.