Home / PC Gaming / Hardware / Store / Discord

Mouse is double clicking

I bought the Tek Syndicate standard issue mouse and it recently started registering double clicks when I click once. I’ve gone as far as reinstalling my operating system and it is still double clicking which leads me to believe that the mouse itself is the problem. My research indicates that taking apart the mouse and cleaning connections will fix the issue. I don’t see any way to open the mouse up and am wondering if anyone here has taken the mouse apart before. Help would be much appreciated.

I’m not familiar with this particular mouse, but there are a few things you could try before resorting to more desperate measures. Before anything else - and I’m probably being redundant here - have you tried using it on a different computer? Updated the drivers? changed the speed for double-clicks? All yes? Still double-clicks?

Then… I’m going to take a wild guess and say it probably has Omron switches. It’s shouldn’t be too hard to open the mouse up (It’s likely hiding some screws under the teflon feets on the bottom), clean them and/or replace them. Shouldn’t take too long either.

Or, you could buy a new mouse. :wink:

Keep testing it out and let me know what you figure out. I only have a couple used units in the office left. I can maybe swap you for one of those… or a new secret prototype. Who knows. I want to make sure you have a good mouse.

Sent you a PM