Looking for a PC build suggestions

Looking for a PC build suggestions.
CPU AMD, 16GB ram, Pc gaming for world of warcraft.
SSD not needed, but considering a M2.
With a good cooler and airflow.
Budget around £850.
Just the PC no keyboard, mouse or screen need yet. Will be buying them later.

Any suggestions from partspicker?

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/p49dpG

This is what I put together based on cost and availability of parts in your region.
The stock cooler that comes with the CPU (from my experience) should suffice, and is fairly quiet.
Since it’s still under budget, it’ll be a good starting point I think. Maybe someone else got some more thoughts?

Thats a better build than I have seen before, much appreciated

I prefer mid atx case so I changed it and added a cooler. Due to I so not like stick coolers because they have got way to hot for me, so I change them.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/hpPTsZ

What would be a good motherboard, or would a Micro ATX be ok?

Micro ATX is definitely feasible (and something I love seeing) but a mid ATX is totally fine!

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/97d7fH

Is the board I’d probably pick for ATX. Should have everything you need on there - I got good experiences with Gigabyte boards (got an RGB header too if you’re into that sort of thing).
The ASRock B450 Pro 4 would also be a good fit. Whatever you can get a good deal for.

1 Like

I am really impressed, going over it all. The best suggestion I have seen for the price overall. Much appreciated.

@eukara Seeing you literally gone for everything I needed. What keyboard and mouse combo would you recommend? Currently using a Cooler Master cm storm devastator 2 set

I personally use a Fenek mouse and keyboard from epicpants/tek (really). They’re the best value for money. If you want to go mechanical however and have got a lot more $$$ to spend I would look at a custom keyboard from either wasdkeyboards dot com or Unicomp (they’re the only ones selling the Model M, which is dearly loved by its owners).

The Fenek Standard Issue mouse I use because it’s got the Intellimouse form-factor, a great sensor and it’s half the price of a Zowie. I used to own a Zowie, but once I tried the Fenek I gave that one away to someone who needed it most.

Everyone has got their own requirements for how many keys/buttons they want on their mouse/keyboard combo… so some of these might not fit your bill. But they’re good options I think regardless.

Before the Fenek combo, I used to rock a Cherry keyboard, with Cherry MX Black switches. I’ve given that to my partner. I do miss how much faster I could type of those switches, but not by much. It really depends how much dosh you got left. For budget builds though the Fenek stuff will be better than any brand gaming hardware - that’s for sure.

I guess the best thing to do is to get the best parts to your max budget.

I think for 850 pounds you can get a very good build.

You just have to balance the price of the CPU and GPU as they are the most important parts, then consider the motherboard. Any motherboard that has the most important features to run the beastly CPU/GPU should work, and maybe has OC feature if you want and I’m sure you want to OC your system.

Just a quick search on Amazon UK:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X for 235 pounds
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X for 319 pounds

Also found this bundle that is 509 pounds

Components4All AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz (Turbo 4.3GHz) Eight Core Sixteen Thread CPU, ASUS Prime B350-PLUS Motherboard & 16GB 3200MHz Corsair DDR4 RAM Pre-Built Bundle

Now the problem is with the GPU, that is 1070 ti is +400 pounds that’s like half your budget.

So my advice is to put more search first on the GPU to find the best one.

I don’t know if you are ok putting half your budget in the GPU? What you think?

@R1S8K_LLTP but why would I need such a high GPU for playing Pc gaming for world of warcraft?

Yep! You’re right!

I went too far with that 1080 or the 1070ti.

Yeah lower GPUs should do the job well enough.

Thanks for alerting me that my suggestion is a bit way out of the goals of the build.