Home / PC Gaming / Hardware / Store / Discord

Is this PC good?

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/w492WX

Please give me feedback on what to change. I’m also on a budget of £500, £550 at a push. I’m just looking to play World of Warcraft.

This setup should be plenty to run WoW on medium to high settings. The only thing I would advise changing is the CPU to an i5. The i3 will do fine with WoW, but if you ever decide to start doing a little more such as streaming, more CPU intensive games, or upgrade to a higher end GPU you’ll definitely experience some issues. But if you’re fine with those limitations this build will do fine.

Edit:

If time is on your side, you might want to see what AMD releases in the next few months with their new CPU line. In that case, if history repeats itself, you’ll be able to swap out the Intel motherboard and CPU to something around the same price but will give you better raw power. That is what I would 100% recommend.

Has WOW gotten substantially more demanding? A few years ago a setup like that would be maxing the crap out of wow. It should be good if you ask me. An i5 would just be ideal though if other gaming is something you are interested in.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor (£134.49 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: ASRock 970M PRO3 Micro ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard (£63.77 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: PNY Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£59.08 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£46.20 @ Eclipse Computers)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card (£149.98 @ Ebuyer)
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case (£58.00 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£51.95 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Total: £563.47
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-02 08:35 GMT+0000

I would go with a stronger CPU… The AMD is so old, but stronger in games that can take advantage of more cores. Also, it will come in handy for rendering, streaming, etc.

Thanks for your feedback I will definitely consider an i5!

Thanks for feedback mate and I will consider an i5!

Thanks for the feedback buddy and I will take this build into consideration

Ya I would go with what Logan put down.

If you were goin with your original build, I probably go with a 450W 80+ certified power supply, it will probably save you a bit of money. Logan’s PC build he made for you is, great I would probably go with his build.

EDIT: Unless your planning on upgrading in the future, I would not go for a 500W power supply, 450W should suffice. Just make sure its a good power supply and has some good reviews and its probably best to go with a one that is 80+ certified or better.