Home / PC Gaming / Hardware / Store / Discord

Introduce your Workstation!

Hey guys,

I want to introduce my gaming PC:

I bought most of the parts a year ago, the CPU, MB, GPU and PSU I bought used, resulting in a pretty cheap build (and the only reason I went with Intel and Nvidia parts).

I mainly use it for 120Hz 1080p gaming, like Battlefield 1, CSGO and some racing games like Assetto Corsa, it works quite well.

You can introduce your current setup too and for what kind of stuff you are using it :ok_hand:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZBkQhq

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V5
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG A80
Motherboard: MSI C236A
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2666
Storage 1: OCZ Vector 150 Series 240GB
Storage 2: Western Digital SE 2TB
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980TI GAMING 6G GOLDEN EDITION
Case: NZXT S340 (Black)
Power Supply: SeaSonic Platinum SS-860XP2
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link Archer T8E
Monitor 1: Asus PB238Q
Monitor 2: Asus VS228H-P
Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser Mouse
Keyboard: Realforce RGB

All it’s missing is some ECC RAM.

It’s definitely a workstation computer, being used for CAD, productivity, quick file storage, and gaming. The only issues it has ever had with anything have been because of Nvidia drivers.

Looks pretty good! What kind of CAD programs do you use?

I use Win 8.1, too :smiley:

For 3D CAD it’s almost exclusively Autodesk Inventor because it was the only 3D program I learned in my drafting class in high school. 2D is AutoCAD for the same reason. I’ll be dropping to one of the free CAD programs once my education account expires, $200+ per month for just the two programs is a bit much for my use.

Inventor is pretty nice, used it for one class at university.

Yeah, I think it’s a pretty good program. Fairly straightforward to use and has enough flexibility for different types of usage. It’s actually the program I used to model the Beyer by meri.

I still need to tweak those a little at some point.