Home / PC Gaming / Hardware / Store / Discord

I owe you a beer, Logan

@Logan I know you are getting or at least were getting tons of hate recently but I just felt like I should say this. I’ve been a member of the community for many years now and I owe you quite a bit. I was always the introverted and shy nerd. I was afraid to be myself and to let my personality show due to fear over how others would react. I was timid and quiet. When I discovered Razethew0rld it was rather eye opening. I saw how ridiculous you were on camera at times and how you weren’t afraid to speak your mind. You weren’t going to take any shit and you weren’t going to let anyone tell you what you can and cannot do. This was inspiring for me and helped me get out of my comfort zone.

You were also the one who got me interested in metal. I have always been into heavier music but I never really got into anything harder than Slipknot. But in one of your videos you were wearing an Amon Amarth shirt, I decided to check them out. At first it was fatiguing to listen to but I quickly began to enjoy it. Now they are one of my favorite bands. Half of my wardrobe is now metal band shirts. I’m not afraid to walk around with my Be’lakor shirt and leather cuffs. I’m finally comfortable being myself and also being interested in technology and computers. I don’t have to be the stereo typical nerdy IT guy. I’m the guy fixing the network on weekdays and moshing on the weekends.

If I ever catch you at a convention I’m buying you a beer. You helped me get out of my comfort zone and allowed me to be who I want to be rather than what I thought I should be.

This means a lot to me. This is why I do this. I felt out of place a lot, but I was different in some ways. I think I could have gone two ways… I could have been quiet and just listened to metal and made music… but I ended up being a wild one usually. I just didn’t understand the social norms… the rules seemed silly. I mean, we are all battling entropy… why care about the little rules; so long as everyone is being respected.

I always wanted to create a place where everyone could hangout and be themselves. I think we got away from that a little before and e didn’t do the best job of discouraging the elitism that can really alienate. Maybe things got too big, who knows.

I’m curious to know more about the transition. How was it when you started to open a little and care less about the little thing? I’m sure there were other things, so I can’t take all the credit. Sometimes it’s just finding your place… then realizations come… sometimes it’s a change in perspective. Who knows.

As for the metal… that is very epic. I’ll get keepitmetal.com going soon so we can recommend some more metal. I was in a similar place when I was about 16-17. I had worn out a few of my death metal tapes and I wasn’t hap with Mudvayne and Godsmack… so I googled, “American metal sucks” and I ended up on a German website: http://www.metal-observer.com/3.o/. I lived on that site for months reading about folk black metal, technical death metal, etc. I discovered that America has an amazing metal scene too, but they don’t play it on the radio. Anyway, we can recommend some more metal when that site gets going… Or you can let me know what you have been into lately.

I’m sure we will see you at an event somewhere. Lan Syndicate 2? I’ll grab the second round.

This, there is so much hypocrisy in society, people judge other so harshly, I finally decided I wasn’t going to waste time or energy fueling their negativity.

It started as small steps, I would try something new and see how people reacted, and for the most part nobody seemed to care all that much. It was kinda like testing the waters, once I realized that most people either didn’t care or I didn’t care what they thought anymore it became a snowball effect. I just decided I wasn’t going to care anymore, I was going to be myself and not let anyone stop me from being the person I wanted to be. It was liberating.

I’ve been anxiously awaiting that.

I’ve been into these guys recently, reminds me of Panopticon

Love me some Shylmagoghnar