Home / PC Gaming / Hardware / Store / Discord

Help Trouble shooting

Hello,

I am hoping someone here can help. MS Support was of no use and constantly said this was a driver issue. EVERY driver I have is up to date, I have checked them all individually so please don’t say its drivers.

Here is the issue:

when I first boot my PC, my keyboard, mouse, Stream deck and sound card (Behringer usb 302) and external HDD all disconnect. As far as I am aware ALL devices disconnect from all USBs. I think the mic disconnects but there is no way to tell reliably, however, there is a light on the mute button that does not go out.

This may happen once, it may happen twice but it always happens and the timing of the disconnect is not the same each time it happens.

When I load into a game, the same thing will happen at least once or twice and then stop but has been as many as 4 times. After this everything is normal and does not happen again until I restart the PC.

I need some help to troubleshoot. So far I had event viewer open but wasnt sure where to look, I looked in error and saw this happen each time.

Kernal-event-tracing, event id 28 (Error setting traits on Provider {8444a4fb-d8d3-4f38-84f8-89960a1ef12f}. Error: 0xC0000001)

and this

DistributedCOM event id 1006 (The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.)

I googled these issues and a fix was to take ownership and give permissions (https://shauncassells.wordpress.com/2015/09/28/windows-10-event-10016-fix-the-application-specific-permission-settings-do-not-grant-local-activation-permission-for-the-com-server-application-with-clsid-d63b10c5-bb46-4990-a94f-e40b9d520160-and-a/)

however, this has not worked and I booted my pc just now to ask for help here and it happened twice with the above errors. I verified that I had followed the instructions above and I had.

I need help to trouble shoot. I do not know where to look to find the answers so if anyone can help I will be eternally grateful.

Thank you
MinkiSan

I forgot to add that I recently reinstalled Windows as I was at a loss and the issue is still happening.