Home / PC Gaming / Hardware / Store / Discord

Help me kill my console?

I hate to ask for people to do this for me but I don’t know a lot about computers and you guys do! I have a budget of about 400-500 US dollars. I’ve looked all over at peoples builds for this price but they’re all different and I’ve got no clue. So I figured I’d ask here. I play games like LoL and csgo mostly if that helps haha. Any help is appreciated, feel free to call me a lazy noob.

I’m going to start by saying you can find some good budget builds on youtube. When I was first getting into computers a few years back I watched several thousand hours worth of videos on youtube and learned a lot in that process and now I’m going to college for computer programming not that that really matters lol. I’m going to do my best to come up with some ideas. I assume that your budget will include monitors and such.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3(rev.6.0) AM3+ $60
CPU: AMD FX-6350 $130
RAM: 8gb $60
HDD: 1tb $50
GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 mini $110
PSU: CORSAIR VS SERIES VS500 $40

Monitor: LG 22MC37D-B 21.5 $95
Keyboard: Devastator II LED Gaming Keyboard and mouse combo bundle $30

This is a really quick list a just came up with. All prices are from NewEgg. This list above comes to 575 or something.

Currently on newegg you can bundle the mobo, cpu, ram, and hdd together for a bundle price of $270 and then adds to $545.

You can get refurbished monitors all day long for less than 50 bucks. You could easily find cheaper Ram. I would recommend going to local computer shops and looking at monitors and keyboards or if you have someone who could sell some to you for cheap. I didn’t provide a case because you get them for super cheap on newegg and everyones preference varies.

If you watch newegg they are always dropping great deals on hardware and you could save money by doing that.

I have a monitor and stuff already. But thanks for your input I really appreciate it!

You can most certainly get a killer PC.

One thing I forgot to mention is you can buy OEM versions do windows off kinguin.com for a lot cheaper. The only thing to note is that those versions of Windows bind to your motherboard and if you were to get a new motherboard you’d need to repurchase Windows.

If that’s not something you’re interested in than you’ll expect to pay almost $100 for that as well.

I’m gonna copy/paste here,

I’d say to check out office/university surplus and refurbished PCs. You can ones with actually pretty good specs for very reasonable prices. Swap in a new power supply and GPU and it’ll be plenty adequate for gaming.

Take this one for example:

• Decent Processor
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 1 TB hard drive
  • Legitimate Windows key
  • Case
  • Motherboard

All for $230. That means your friend has up to $270 left for a nice power supply and GPU, or save some pennies and get something a little lower-end.

Or spend ~$60 more than the one above and get one with a better processor, and still leaving $210 for power supply and GPU:

Here is a PC Part Picker list I came up with. It is all new parts and the Pentium has 4 threads which means it can run the games that require quad cores and the like to run. Overall, you could save money and change out the GPU for something less powerful. However, for the $400-450, this thing will be awesome with plenty of room for upgrades.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YhDCtJ

I would recommend go for intel as they have upgradability well adleast until Ryzen comes out.

Total: 528.32 ATM

Specs:
Case: Thermaltake VERSA H15 Micro ATX Mini Tower Gaming Computer Case
GPU: ASUS Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ROG STRIX
SSD: SanDisk SSD PLUS 120GB
PSU: EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-H110M-H
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 8GB
CPU: Intel 3.70 GHz Core i3-6100

I just wanted to say the new generation Pentium’s have hyper threading, so they are essentially I3’s now since they have 4 threads. That would be a good starting point for a build in this budget range.

Here you go.
I decided to compromise on the CPU in order to fit the budget, the addition of a Hyper 212 ($28) and some mild overclocking would be good. or otherwise, the addition of an i3-4160 ($40) instead would give you much more legroom, as it has hyperthreading and runs at a higher clock than the pentium. Happy trails.

Now that I went home i actually pieced a build together, and yes, this is a hyperthreaded pentium, basically an i3 for cheap.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qDCyZ8