Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Air CPU Cooler Replacement

I have used a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Air CPU Cooler “RR-212E-16PK-R1, 4 x Heatpipe, 1x 120mm PWM Fan, Intel/AMD”

For the past 2 years and now the fan is wearing out. Can anyone suggest a good replacement for it please?

Thanks

Just get a new fan? Take the brackets off the old one and slap a new fan on there. Cooler is great.

The only problem I see is that the actual fan clips on to the cooler. Unless there are other fans that just clip on?

duct tape

Did you try Cooler Master website for replacement fan?

Because the fan and the part is more than the cooler itself. Looks like I can just replace the fan and then just unscrew the bracket that holds it on?

Yup, the brackets just simply unscrew from the fan you have on there. Just slide the fan off, unscrew the two screws - apply to new fan, slide on.

Now I understand why the 212 make you replace a perfectly good backplate with their proprietary one.

I used to use one of these with Cooler Master stuff because they’re really cheap and give a lot of plastic crap that breaks.

I no longer buy their products.

1 Like

But how can you screw that to this cooler. When the plastic bracket clips on and there is nothing to screw it on to?

Prob just screws into the fins lmao.

There was a youtube video on how to remove the fan. So I replaced it with a Noctua NF-F12 PWM. Seeing the old fan lasted 2 years, not so bad for a new fan.