Home / PC Gaming / Hardware / Store / Discord

Community Photo Assignments - May 2017

PHOTO ASSIGNMENTS - CRIT

Every month, people like yourself will have the opportunity to train and challenge your eye with some photography. I will pick a prompt (usually a word or phrase provided from the community; something to theme an image) and you can go out there with your camera to see what you can capture with that phrase in mind!

May’s theme is “FLOWERS.” Interpret it as you wish! If people may not be able to figure out the connection between your photo and the theme, it might be a good idea to leave a one-to-two sentence description.

Rules:

• Please keep it to one photo. Spend time and effort picking your favorite.
  • Photos must be your own, and taken WITHIN the timeline of the challenge. No, you cannot use work you’ve previously shot.
  • Keep it SFW.
  • It is encouraged that you use a camera, like a DSLR of sorts - but pictures from devices like your phone’s camera are allowed!
  • Do not provide criticism unless the artist asks for it.
  • Have fun. :slight_smile:

I personally share photos on Flickr and 500px - it is a decent resource for sharing photos that are capable of retaining some quality and sharing meta data. Make sure you read their ToS before committing to a platform.

April

Community Photo Assignments

Top to bottom taken on my s7 today haha

https://flic.kr/p/TdLPJo Taken on my onePlus 3T

One week left!

Photo of the flower in the lobby at work. Not the picture I wanted to upload but it is hard to find a skunk.

Here’s a shrunken down version. Full size is in the link at the bottom.

My submission this month:

Full resolution here.

Any thoughts on next months prompt?

Junebugs for June. Although there aren’t really many junebugs where I live any more, so maybe just bugs.

got pictures of the eclipse but haven’t got many pictures recently.