Anyone play an instrument?

Drums, a little bass, i bought a guitar but no time to learn it. and i write when i feel like it .

1 Like

The strumming is quite impressive. I struggle with a large sized 6 string, I can’t even imagine the terrible noises I’d make with one of those. It sounds beautiful and you hit the weirdness right on the head sir. lol. Do you find that a lot of the guitar technique transfers over? or is it more like a whole different language?

Yeah, if you play guitar it will make picking up the mandolin easier. There is typically a lot of tremolo picking… and you will get larger calluses.

1 Like

I bet you’d absolutely shred on a ukulele. My sister bought one and it’s like putting a training wheels.

I’m sure we’re all semi pro’s at the devil’s clarinet ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 Like

Nice.

Ukulele, guitar, saxophone (for 8years till i graduated highschool) and a few other random things ive tried and not really stuck with.

Harmonica is fun, but I dont really know how to improve or even what kind of music I want to play.

I always sucked at drums and anyone who can coordinate like that might as well be witches to me.

1 Like

Lol everyone learns at different speeds.

I played the trombone but for some reason won’t put money towards buying this instrument that I actually want to play again. :S I also dabbled in piano but my talent level is really low.

It’s not talent. It’s time and dedication.

2 Likes

Bassist of 6/7 years, drummer for 4ish, audio engineer for 4, and guitar for 1.

1 Like

People preach this crap all the time about various things and the facts are you may get better at something by practice and dedication but it doesn’t mean you can get to the point where you can play the way most would want to play. Practice and dedication only takes you so far.

Practice and dedication takes you as far as you let it. Yes some people have natural talent. But anyone can become a master of an instrument with enough dedication. Saying the opposite just limits your potential.

2 Likes

I play an ESP LTD M-10 with a guitar interface and BIAS FX

2 Likes

GnomishViking I can guarantee you that there are many people out there no matter how hard they try to do something they just will not be able to do it. If we were perfect then we could do anything but that is not the case. Not anyone can become a master of an instrument with enough dedication. Not anyone can become a master at anything they want with enough dedication. An example of working hard as anyone well my son works his tail off at hockey and he still plays in midget house league level 2. He has put in as much time as any hockey player out there and he can’t progress to a higher division. There is an example of dedication and hard work and it hasn’t gotten him up to a higher level of hockey.

Oh … last but not least …

saying the opposite of what you believe doesn’t limit others potential or mine. Don’t be insulting.

Okay apperently you know everything. I do my best not to be “insulting” around you.

1 Like

Let’s keep it classy fellas.

2 Likes

I played the recorder in 4th grade (it was required), but I played it well and I had fun so that got me into band. I played alto saxophone 5th through 8th grade. I was in symphonic band (basically varsity band) both years in junior high (7th/8th where I’m from, no 6th). I also played alto saxophone in jazz band in 7th grade, but didn’t do it in 8th because I wanted to switch to bass guitar but the instructor wouldn’t let me switch. Looking back at that, I don’t really blame him, because I had just started learning bass and jazz band was for more advanced players.

I didn’t continue band in high school, mostly because if I wanted it to count as my elective I would have had to do it all four years. We either had to do four years of performing arts, or two years of foreign language, so I took two years of spanish (well, technically three because I got a D the second year and my counselor made me retake it) instead and that was all I had to do for electives.

I also tinkered around with bass guitar for a few years, but never got good at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hvfDDZ3FXU

1 Like

Marimba (4 mallet pieces are my jam), drums, percussion instruments in general, trumpet, baritone, clarinet, and a little french horn. I had a fleeting thing with guitar but that didn’t last. I’m also trying to learn the ukulele but I suck at stringed instruments apparently.

1 Like